Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

#Readathon

Today, I am taking part in Dewey's ReadAThon. 


Readathon gives me a grat opportunity to focus a day to just read what has been sitting on my Kindle for a few weeks.  It's cool outside, the coffee is brewing, soup is making and I'm reading!  I will be taking the Kindle with me to the gym - so I won't stop reading when I'm burning a few calories!

My first read is Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I started it about 10 days ago and got stuck.  Not because I didn't like the book, but because real life was so busy that I could not find the time.  Today, my goal is to finish this book to make way for two more books. 

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver and Bruiser by Neil Shusterman.  My goal for the next 24 hours is to complete all three of these books.  My Kindle and I are off to the gym to start some serious reading.

Are you taking part in today's #readathon?  If so, please tweet what you are reading with the #readathon hastag so we can all cheer each other on! 


Happy Reading!  

 

Update @3:23 Central: 

Finished Divergent and Leisel & Po.  I took a lunch break - now I'm reading Bruiser. 


Update @8:17 Central:

Loved Bruiser, thought I'd try something new for me.  The Cursed Man by Keith Rommel


Final Update:


I finally fell asleep, but got up to finish the last book before the end of the #readathon.  I added the September issue of Fitness to help me stay engaged enough to push through, but had to stop reading The Cursed Man mid-read to take a nap.  Now - it's time for a two hour nap, then the gym.


Reading Total for the Day - Three books and one magazine. 


Divergent

Leisel &Po

Fitness (September Issue)

The Cursed Man


I am not exhausted but look forward to doing it again in April

 

 

 

Post a Comment