Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

#Readathon

Today, I am taking part in Dewey's ReadAThon. 


Readathon gives me a grat opportunity to focus a day to just read what has been sitting on my Kindle for a few weeks.  It's cool outside, the coffee is brewing, soup is making and I'm reading!  I will be taking the Kindle with me to the gym - so I won't stop reading when I'm burning a few calories!

My first read is Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I started it about 10 days ago and got stuck.  Not because I didn't like the book, but because real life was so busy that I could not find the time.  Today, my goal is to finish this book to make way for two more books. 

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver and Bruiser by Neil Shusterman.  My goal for the next 24 hours is to complete all three of these books.  My Kindle and I are off to the gym to start some serious reading.

Are you taking part in today's #readathon?  If so, please tweet what you are reading with the #readathon hastag so we can all cheer each other on! 


Happy Reading!  

 

Update @3:23 Central: 

Finished Divergent and Leisel & Po.  I took a lunch break - now I'm reading Bruiser. 


Update @8:17 Central:

Loved Bruiser, thought I'd try something new for me.  The Cursed Man by Keith Rommel


Final Update:


I finally fell asleep, but got up to finish the last book before the end of the #readathon.  I added the September issue of Fitness to help me stay engaged enough to push through, but had to stop reading The Cursed Man mid-read to take a nap.  Now - it's time for a two hour nap, then the gym.


Reading Total for the Day - Three books and one magazine. 


Divergent

Leisel &Po

Fitness (September Issue)

The Cursed Man


I am not exhausted but look forward to doing it again in April

 

 

 

5 comments:

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Sounds like you have some great books picked out for the readathon. And how awesome are you for hitting the gym first thing. I should have done that and I may still since I don't have any kids today. Good luck with your reading goals and have a fun readathon!

Unknown said...

Thanks Crystal. I'm enjoying the readathon so far, but hitting the gym first really allows me to focus on reading today. Enjoy your day!

Alexa S. said...

Divergent is an amazing book. I really loved it when I read it, so I hope you do too! Happy reading :)

Care said...

CHEERS! 2-4-6-8 WHO do we appreciate! READERS!! Happy Readathon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the cheer! :) Y'all rock!