Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Reads and Avon Walk Updates

May was a good reading month for me.  I managed to stay on track with my goal of 100 books by the end of the year, and I found a new enjoyment of books by Laurie Halse Anderson.  I've now read 40 books this year.



Books read in May are ...

40.  Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Chains



39. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Twisted

38. House of Fallen Trees by Gena Ranalli
 House of Fallen Trees

37. Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
 Everything Is Illuminated: A Novel

36. An Off Year by Claire Zulkey
 An Off Year

I'm also working to make sure I'm prepared for my Avon Breast Cancer Walk in April of 2012.  While that seems like it is a long way away, it can be difficult to raise the $1800 and walk 39 miles.  It takes a full year of preparation to be able to walk.  If you are interested in supporting our team you can do so by donating to our team here.

My goal for the month of June is to read 10 books and to walk at least 25 miles a week.  Ten books will put me at the 50% mark for my goal of 100 books per summer.

No comments: