Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Readings and Avon Walk Updates

This month I was super busy with work, but still managed to knock out several books towards my goal of 100 books in 2011.

First, my Avon Breast Cancer Training Walks have been going really well.  I'm walking 15 miles a week, and taking Sundays off to rest.  I am also actively fundraising using my website. 

While the training blog is not active, I'll start updating there as soon as Avon opens up that blog.  This is my third year of training and walking.  I know this is a difficult journey, but I choose to help fight breast cancer for my friends and family that have been affected.  If you'd like to donate please go to the Avon website here.  

Reading this month has been a challenge.  Work keeps me busy, but June should be the month I catch up on my reading.  Below are the books I've read.  If you order a book from this blog, the proceeds will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer In it to End It campaign.

Deja Demon: The Days and Nights of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (Kate Connor, Demon Hunter) 3 of 5 stars


Kick 4 of 5 stars



Fire (Graceling)4 of 5 stars

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake3 of 5 stars

Room: A Novel 5 of 5 stars

The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To (Vintage Contemporaries) 4 of 5 stars

Girl in Translation 4 of 5 stars


Professional Reading of the Month
Because Digital Writing Matters: Improving Student Writing in Online and Multimedia Environments (National Writing Project)4 of 5 stars

I've read 38 of the 100 books I'm aiming for this year. 

1 comment:

Kath said...

Wow good on you for doing that 15 mile walk (I had to convert to kilometres to get a real appreciation of the effort) - that's an epic effort! I walked 5.5 miles when I was back in England and boy did my feet know about it the next day. Training up to it is a very good and necessary idea. Looking forward to reading more about how you're going on that.

I also read and loved Room and had my eye on Girl in Translation. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake had me interested (mainly cos I love lemon cake, also because the title is so unique) but it doesn't look like it was a smash hit with you.

Hope you had a great weekend!