Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Breaking Night - Avon Walk updates

Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to HarvardBreaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to Harvard

I am currently reading Breaking Night.  It's another ALA - Alex Award Winner for this year!  I'm not more then half-way through this list and LOVING IT!  My fave of the Alex books has been Room: A Novel with The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To (Vintage Contemporaries) as a close second. (I've provided links to Amazon in case you want to check the books out yourself)

I'll blog about all of the books I've read at the end of the month.  This month has been an incredible reading month!

I'm also celebrating the FIRST donation to my 2012 Avon Walk.  Anything you can donate really helps and it goes to a good cause.  I've been training, and today Carly started with her first training walk of 2 miles.  (She LOVED it and was ready for more!)

For my teacher friends, or for those who value education.  Here is an interesting article from Education Today.  Check it out!

The weather is beautiful here in Texas.  Here is hoping for some rain!

D

No comments: