Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kindle Addiction

If there is a 12-step program for Kindle addiction, I don't want to know about it.

Somewhere between reading my most recent installment of Jen Lancaster's humor filled prose and feeding my new Scrabble addiction I realized I'm hooked.

I love my Kindle.

I was a skeptic.  I love the feel of a book in my hand.  I adore that new book smell, and never did I expect to find an E-book that would fill those needs.  Then, I broke down and bought a Kindle.

Of course, I expected to hate it.  Carrying around a novel feels cool, opening the book while watching someone wash my car, reading quietly while my wonderful puppy Carly romps happily at the dog park, I never thought the plastic case of the Kindle would fill those needs.

Then, well then I realized I could have an entire set of Jen Lancaster books in my purse.  I could play word games, read my newspaper, and while I missed the feel of the book cover, the leather case I purchased for my Kindle has an appealing feel and smell.

I was addicted.  Over 100 books, several magazines and the New York Times sit quietly in my purse for that spare minute.  I carry several files of notes from classes so look over, and occasionally I will use my Kindle to catch up on a blog.

I still love the book feel, but for the versatility and the ease of transport, Kindle is my goto reading format now.