Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon



As the school year winds down, I've come to realize that since January I've read almost entirely work related non-fiction. Not that there isn't validity in reading non-fiction, but sometimes one just needs a little escapism.  When my friends Amanda and Kelly decided to start their Bout of Books read-a-thon, I knew this was just for me!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

For me, I'm focusing on reading what I love.  I have several new YA novels sitting in my iPad just waiting for a reader.  This week, I'm tossing aside work related reading to focus on reading one YA book and one anticipated novel.  One YA book I've been holding captive in my iPad is  City of Ashes,  the second of the Mortal Instruments books, was written by Casandra Clare.  I've had this book in my "to read" list for years, this week it's getting read!   (she has great educational resources on her site for all of my teacher friends)

My second novel to start this week is Inferno.   I've pre-ordered and it will download into the Kindle App on my iPad at midnight on the 14th.   I love this series and can't wait to read the new installment. I won't finish this new novel by the end of the read-a-thon, but I'm looking forward to committing the time to dive in a start reading!

 Secretly, I would love to be Robert Langdon living out all of these super-cool adventures. 

So those are my reading pleasures for this week.  Do you have any specific books you are going to tackle this week? 

Doris

No comments: