Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April is Child Abuse Prevention Month


Today I attended my first board meeting for the Children's Services Board of Galveston County.   I was honored to be asked to serve on this board.  I've spent my life working around children, now I have the ability to help those who don't always have an adult to advocate for them.

  April in National Child Abuse and Prevention Month.  You can learn more about ways to help support our most innocent citizens here.   Today we tied blue ribbons on the trees around the county courthouse.  Our goal is to help promote awareness.  There is much we can do to help those who can't help ourselves, we just need to take a look around and do something.

  If you don't know where to start, check out Pinwheels for Prevention.   This Nationwide organization works to ensure the healthy development of our children.  This organization focuses on advocating for the existence of a national policy framework and strategy for children and families while promoting evidence-based practices that prevent abuse and neglect from ever occurring. 

Currently Reading:  Wonder Boys

No comments: