Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011 and why I don't make resolutions

   Black eyed peas in the crock pot, cornbread warm and fresh out of the oven, it has got to be January first!


What is it about the New Year that makes us make these incredible resolutions?  I mean, come one, while I know that we all can improve in some areas, why do we start the process on January 1?

Could it not be just as easy to start it on March 6 at noon, or possibly September 22 at 4 pm?

I guess I've never understood the need for resolutions.  Sure, I'd like to be healthier, I'd like to save money, and I'd like to spend more time with my family, but why do I have to wait to January 1st to start?

Years ago I made a resolution.  I resolved to stop making resolutions.  I've actually kept this one.  Yay me!  This year there are still many improvements I need to make in my life.  I'll work on those, but I don't need an entirely new calendar to make it happen.

Happy New Year!!